Feeding our body nutritious foods is the first thing we should consider before expecting our body to respond to exercise and external efforts to be healthy and well. There are so many benefits to eating complex foods that give us the energy to perform our daily functions, boost cellular regeneration throughout our systems and maintain optimal health. These are just a few of them, but how exactly can you eat your way to better health? At Prima Nora, we value healthy nutrition more than anything in the world since this is your starting point to wellness. Whether it’s for healthy skin, weight loss or an improvement in your mental and physical health, the foods you choose to eat have a big impact on it all.
Top Foods That Are Great for Your Health
Most of our patients understand the concept of how healthy foods create an internal balance that shines through in everything you do. But when we ask people what are the types of foods and why are they so beneficial, they have some difficulty coming up with examples. So, we thought it would be helpful to give you some tips on the top foods that are great for your health to get started on living well and being healthy all year long, no matter the season.
Here’s Our List at Prima Nora (Eat Your Heart Out):
- Spinach is packed full of vitamins including our favourites, A and C. Spinach has fuelled athletes and some of our famous cartoon heroes including Popeye. There are plenty of reasons this green is great for you, but its anti-ageing benefits are what make them so great for our cells.
- Banana is one of the reasons your muscles have the strength and materials they need to contract and expand throughout the day. The amount of potassium found in these babies helps to replenish your system on days when you feel achy and cramped all over. Your heart needs a good amount of potassium to pump comfortably which can contribute to improving your oxygen intake and output as well as how quickly you get tired. Good circulation and a happy heart are key!
- Avocados are full of the best types of fats for your system because they’re monounsaturated and provide healthy skin and lower your cholesterol. These are partnered with the healthy efforts of bananas to increase potassium production. Did you know that avocados can help your body extract the most nutrients from other foods you consume with them? That’s a double whammy!
- Salmon is and always will be brain food. If you’re ever in need of a boost in contemplation, cook up some salmon. We find omega-3’s and healthy fats in this fish as well as a balance of protein so your body can process your foods easily. When you eat salmon you’ll be fuller longer and are able to fuel tired muscles after a workout.
- Goji berries are an antioxidant that tastes amazing! In Chinese medicine, they are known for their treatments of specific organs like the liver and the heart. Goji berries help you lose weight and get the vitamin cocktail you’ll need for the week, like zinc, iron, fibre, A and C.
- Turnip greens are a veggie most people have no idea are this good for you. Where most veggies are abundant in one or two vitamins, this one is packed with three essentials—A, C and K. It’s often said that these greens give you more than one serving you’ll need for the day, so why wait? Cook some of these babies tonight!
Promote a Healthy Lifestyle
Healthy lifestyles run in families; it’s best that you start creating your healthy habits now. When we eat well, we have the energy to be more active and reach for our goals in life. Maintaining a healthy weight can take the stress off of your internal organs and allow them freedom from excess fat, which eventually causes complications within the cardiovascular system. Every tissue in the body benefits from eating clean and being active daily. Find the healthy living system that works for you and notice how wonderful you’ll feel when you treat your body well.
Call Prima Nora to learn more about our nutrition education and healthy weight management today on 60 377 28 2886.