GENETICS & DNA PROFILING
In the past, genetic testing was primarily used for patients whose doctors believed they were at risk for certain diseases. Now, genetic profiling and DNA testing have become much more applicable for individuals who are currently in good general health but who wish to know more about their susceptibility to health risks.
Genetic profiling is a proactive way for you to learn more about your DNA blueprint and determine which health conditions you are likely to acquire as you get older.
The future of healthcare lies in Personalised Medicine, which includes genetic profiling and allows doctors to create diagnoses that are more accurate and provide treatment with added precision.
When you work with the physicians at PrimaNora Medical Centre, not only will you receive your very own genetic profile, we will also design a treatment plan that works to prevent, or possibly even treat, the conditions you are prone to.
- It is common for many of us to think of our genes as static parts of our being or structures that are able to determine the future of our health from the day we were born. In reality, we cannot change our genes but we are capable of changing the expression on the genes.
- Our genetics expression is based on how we treat our bodies. What we choose to eat, the amount that we exercise, the toxins we put into our bodies or the environment we decide to live in all impact the function of our genes and determine our susceptibility to certain diseases.
- It is our job to take responsibility for our bodies and genetic profiling is one of the first steps you can make to do so. Your genetic profile will depict the strength of your immune system and provide you with a better understanding of your potential for long-term health and wellness.
- Not only will you gain vital information about your health, the physicians at PrimaNora can outline the specific changes you can make to your lifestyle that will help prevent certain health concerns in the future using the Genetic Wellness Test. We can design nutritional guidelines, recommend ways that you can improve your physical activity or suggest alterations to your lifestyle that are contributing to poor health.
WHEN COMBINED WITH THE GENETIC WELLNESS TEST, GENETIC PROFILING WILL:
- Allow your physician to advise specific lifestyle improvements
- Become the basis of your personalised healthcare plan
- Provide you with facts that you can share with your family so that they can better understand their health
- Give you a better understanding of how your body metabolises food and gains weight
- Tell you how you can detoxify your body
- Show you the current risks you are taking that could increase your chances for health concerns
- Help you take responsibility for your long-term health
Personal Genetic Profiling is a simple one-time only buccal swap (saliva test) which will equip you with your unique DNA blueprint to help you fully understand and unlock the potential for long term health and wellness.
What Will DNA Profiling Do For You?
- Your practitioner will be able to advise you on specific preventative health strategies to improve your long term health
- You will have a personalized dietary program designed to match your genes
- You will understand your genetic weaknesses and can put preventative strategies into place
- You will have a clearer understanding of how your body metabolizes and your tendency to gain weight
- You will be able to better manage your weight through specific dietary and exercise instructions
- You will learn how your body needs to detoxify
- You will have a better understanding of how your body responds to inflammation, which is related to various chronic diseases
- You will understand your risk of osteoporosis and what your body needs to prevent
What DNA Profiling will not do:
- It will not predict the risk of diseases
- It will not identify disease causing changes in genes
What benefits can we expect from Nutrigenomics:
- Improved concentration and energy levels
- Healthy ageing
- Having a better understanding of how best to care for your body through proper diet, nutrition and lifestyle choices
- Understanding the risk of chronic diseases, and how best to avoid future health problems
- Understanding weight reduction and how to employ healthy weight maintenance strategies
Diet plays a critical role in regulating healthy gene expression. Here are some important facts:
- Dietary requirements are unique for each of us and should be matched to our genetic profile
- A gene appropriate diet can reduce our risk factors for disease
- Nutritional components can either ‘turn on’ or ‘turn off’ our genes and alter how our gene is expressed
- A personalised nutrition plan matched to your genes can prevent or reduce the risk of disease
Maintaining a healthy body and providing it with all the right nutrients to ‘feed’ your genes will:
- Reduce your risk of disease and other chronic health problems
- Reduce your levels of stress and provide you with more vitality
- Help you think more clearly
- Slow down the rate of ageing
- Help you achieve a better quality of life