It is not uncommon for you to experience sexual dysfunction as you grow older. Half of men between the ages of 40 and 70 will notice changes in their sexual functioning that they find problematic and want corrected.
If you have begun to suffer from an inability to maintain an erection, a loss of sexual drive or sensation in your penis or are unhappy with the size of your penis, then you may benefit from medical treatment with the Priapus Shot®.
Named after the Greek god of fertility, the Priapus or penis Shot®, or ‘P’ Shot, is a nonsurgical procedure that enhances the penis using platelet-rich plasma (PRP) from your own body. The injection is virtually painless, minimally invasive and produces near-immediate results.
PrimaNora Medical Centre administers ‘P’ Shot injections for men who are looking to increase sensation to their penis, improve their sex lives and become healthier overall. Your sexual health is an important part of your wellbeing and the Priapus-Shot® is a natural way to rejuvenate your lifestyle.
Your Sexuality and General Health are Linked
- Your desire to have sex regularly is a sign that you are a healthy individual but as you continue to age or begin to suffer from underlying medical conditions, certain hormone imbalances can occur that have the potential to leave you sexually impotent. Other health concerns, such as metabolic syndrome or diabetes, can result from a hormone imbalance and interfere with your lifestyle and sex drive.
- When you are unable to have sex or feel insecure about your penis, you may seem less confident, harbour a lack of motivation or exhibit feelings of depression, all of which can affect your everyday life and the relationships you have with your family.
- In order to feel secure about your self-image, lead a comfortable life and feel satisfied sexually, medical treatment is often advised.
How Does the ‘P’ Shot Work?
The ‘P’ Shot consists of the platelets in your own blood, which are used to regenerate damaged tissues in your penis. Commonly known to stimulate clotting in the blood, platelets also contain many growth factors that can aid in the creation of newer tissues and increase blood flow.
Blood is drawn from your arm and placed into a centrifuge system that separates the white and red cells from the platelets. The PRP is then re-injected into the areas of your penis requiring treatment. New blood vessels will begin to form that improve circulation in your penis, eventually leading to stronger and longer-lasting erections.
Along with the many healing properties that PRP possesses, the injection will also activate collagen production in the skin, which helps promote flawless skin cells. You will experience heightened sexual performance, an increase in sexual pleasure and changes to the size and appearance of your penis.
Other benefits of the ‘P’ Shot include:
- Firmer erections
- Improved self-confidence
- Better sexual stamina
- Reduced feelings of depression
- Revamped appearance
- Fewer issues with urinary incontinence
- Alleviated prostate discomfort
- Lower chances of obesity
The benefits don’t stop at improvements made to your penis. Many patients will report that they feel happier, more motivated and healthier. There is a significant psychological benefit that comes along with the enhancements you decide to make to your penis.
Your ‘P’ Shot Injection at PrimaNora
- It’s important for you and the physicians at PrimaNora to understand exactly how and why your sex drive has been negatively impacted. We will often conduct tests that give us insight into what is causing issues with your sexual performance and base your treatment plan off of our findings.
- Your ‘P’ Shot treatment will take no more than 40 minutes to complete and will begin with the administration of a local anaesthetic so that you feel no discomfort during the procedure. Afterwards, your physician will draw the blood from your arm and extract the concentrated PRP, which is then injected into your penis.
- You will experience little to no downtime after your ‘P’ Shot injection and you can return to your daily routine almost immediately after treatment. Many patients also find that they can have sex the very same day. Although some circumstances render immediate results, oftentimes the PRP takes between three and four weeks to generate a noticeable difference.
- If the size of your penis is a prominent issue for you, we will prescribe a penis pump along with your ‘P’ Shot injection. The regular use of a penis pump can provide permanent enlargement that will help you feel more confident about your sexual performance.